It takes some time to get the inwale prepared to glue because it has to be cut to the correct length first. It is absolutely necessary to do a dry clamp up to find and mark the ends. I then did another clamp up to fine tune the fit. Once I was satisfied with the fit I removed it again and clamped it to the remaining gunwale material so I could cut both to the same length. Then a final dry clamp up and it was time for epoxy. I then removed a bit more than half the clamps, mixed some thickened epoxy and painted it on both surfaces to be joined. I re-clamped this epoxied half and then did the same process for the second half just like I had done with the outwales.
The spacers that I received for mounting the seats were not pre-drilled so I used the drill press to drill the mounting holes. I then temporarily mounted the seats and thwarts just to be sure everything was as expected. Then I removed all the furnishings and began shaping the spacer block ends. I tried a very course file but decided to purchase a rasp bit for my Dremmel tool. Shaping the spacers really gives the gunwale a nice look.
I deviated from the directions and pinned the inwales to the breast plates and also inserted some stainless steel screws at the mounting points. It is likely unnecessary but I just felt better doing it.